Can you help? First Presbyterian Church of Bel Air is part of an ecumenical effort to sponsor a family from Afghanistan. We are searching for someone who speaks Pashto who would be willing to volunteer as a translator. Please contact the church office if you are able to help at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-838-5777.
- Templeton Trio of St. Luke’s Concert – Rescheduled for Saturday, May 14, 7 PM in the Sanctuary. Join us for an evening of unforgettable music. The Templeton Trio (Kris Faatz, piano; Robert Sorel, violin; Terry Shirley-Quirk, cello) will perform Ludwig van Beethoven’s famous “Ghost” trio and Felix Mendelssohn’s magnificent Trio in D minor. No ticket sales; free-will donations accepted at the door. Proceeds will support First Presbyterian’s ministries. Hope to see you there!
- Porch Chats with the Pastor – Pastor Melissa will be doing drop by porch visits to say hello and check in! Email Pastor Melissa at email@example.com to schedule a visit.
Groups – Open to All!
- Presbyterian Women S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Circle (Support, Inspire, Serve, Teach, Encourage, Respect, Share) Circle Meeting – First Tuesday of the month at 10 AM in the Conference Room. We will follow our 2021-22 PW Horizon Bible Study – What My Grandmothers Taught Me: Learning from the Women in Matthew’s Genealogy of Jesus by Merryl Blair. All ladies of FPC are welcome to join us.
- Book Club – Fourth Wednesdays of the month at 2 PM. All who love to read are welcome! We will discuss Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles in May.
- Camping Club – Various Weekends Each Month. This year marks 35 years of the FPC camping club! Camping locations for 2022 include French Creek Campground, Little Buffalo State Park, and Meredith Woods. If you would like to join us for the weekend, day, or evening campfire, please contact the church for more information.
Children and Youth Events
- Toddler Time – Wednesday May 18, 10:00-10:45 AM. Join us in Legacy Hall for music, dancing, stories, puppets, and bubbles! Ages 0-5 are welcome! This is a free event, but please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chalk Our Walks – Saturday, May 21, 1:00 PM. In preparation for promotion Sunday, please bring a pack of sidewalk chalk and let’s draw inspirational pictures, words, and phrases on the walkways of our church.
- Promotion Sunday – Sunday, May 22. During the 10:30 worship service, we will celebrate the completion of our Sunday School year and congratulate our children and youth on advancing to the next grade level. All are invited for a celebration after worship! Cake and drinks will be provided.
- Summer Kickoff Playdate at Friends Park – Friday, June 17, 5:00 PM. Please pack a picnic dinner for your family and play on the playground with your church friends. We have reserved the pavilion for the evening!
- Vacation Bible School – Tuesday, July 5 through Friday, July 8, 9:00 – 11:45 AM. Children in pre-k through 5th grade are invited to attend. Growing spiritually doesn’t have to be an unsolved mystery! Become a kid detective and take a four-day journey as we dig into a few of Jesus’ parables to solve the mysteries of how to grow in faith and how to care for, serve, and love others. Children will discover the answers that have been there all along: spend time with God, spend time with others, use your gifts, and share your story. Register here by June 14.
- Sunday School – Sundays at 9 AM. Classes for preschool through 12th grade are led by caring and experienced teachers who enjoy sharing God’s Word with our children! All classes are invited to meet beginning at 9 AM for singing and then Sunday School will be held in the classrooms from 9:15-10 AM.
- Children’s Church – Second and Fourth Sundays of the Month at 10:30 AM through May 8. After the children’s sermon, preschool through 5th graders will move into Legacy Hall for a lesson and engaging activities while parents can remain in the Sanctuary for the Sermon.
- Children Lead Worship – Third Sunday of the Month at 10:30 AM through May 15. The Children’s Choir also performs on the third Sunday of the month.
- Children’s Worship Busy Bags – First Sunday of the Month at 10:30 AM. These bags contain two Pop and Praise sheets – one for readers and one for non-readers, tic tac toe, a coloring book, a pop-it key chain, crayons, and a pencil. The fun doesn’t “pop” there! Pay special attention to the “word of the week.” Busy bags are available from the Ushers and are sure to help keep your little ones entertained during the Service.
- Self-Serve Food Pantry – Monday-Friday, 10AM – 5 PM. Bins are available on the porch.
- Fresh Food Pantry – Wednesdays in May from 5 to 7 PM. The Pantry will be open on a trial basis and we will be giving away ground beef, eggs, cheese, milk, etc. during this time.